Greg Sharp #956
Bikes: 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Years Racing: 3
American Federation of Motorcyclists (AFM) 2013 – Present
I received my novice license in 2013 racing in the 600 superbike class. In 2014 I ran a full season with the AFM placing 4th in overall points for novice 600 superbike including top 10 finishes in Clubman middleweight, F1 and 750sb. 2015 provided great racing and I placed 11th overall for Novice championship. I also placed on the podium in 4 out of 5 of the classes that I raced in. 1st place overall in nvF3, 3rd overall in F1,600sb and LegacyMiddle.
For the 2016 season I will be racing AFM as an expert. A focus on refinement of training and equipment will focus on the middleweight superbike classes (600sb,750sb,F1). I plan on running all seven rounds with at least four races per round. There is also the possibility of attending races at other organizations such as OMRRA, CVMRA and MRA.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/81980366 (go to: 3:26)
Laura Llovet #841
Bike: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Years racing: 1.5 years
- Corner Working
- Between 2012-2014, I worked as a corner worker the AFM (www.afmracing.org). I gained valuable information in how the club operates, and also built important relationships with AFM board members, staff, racers, and vendors.
- AFM Racing 2014
- Raced rounds six (at Sonoma Raceway) and seven (at Thunderhill Raceway)
- Raced Novice Clubman Lightweight and 250 Production
- AFM Racing 2015
- Raced six out of the seven rounds:
- Novice Afemme: finished 3rd overall
- Novice 250 Production: finished 5th overall
- Novice 500 Twins: finished 8th overall
- Goals for AFM Racing 2016
- Plan to race all seven rounds
- Plan to race the following classes: Novice Afemme, Formula 3, and 250 Production
- Plan to podium (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) all three classes
- Additional Sponsor Media Exposure
Novice AFM 3rd place.